1. In order to move on from the past, you need to make the decision to forgive even if the person is not worthy of your forgiveness.
2. Self-love is the core of any romantic relationship.
3. Sometimes we get so caught up in the feeling of being in love that we forget to take care of ourselves.
4. Once the affection stops, the distance starts.
5. There is no such thing as a “failed” relationship. When a relationship is failing, it wasn’t meant to be. Two people crossed paths, at the right time, so that they could share pieces of themselves with one another, and part ways when the time came to. Love is many things, and temporary is one of them.
6. Never, ever ignore or deny your gut instinct. Your intuition will never, ever lead you astray.
7. The more time you spend trying to convince someone how great you are, the more you discredit that greatness. Love does not force you to prove the person you are to it. Love accepts you for who you are, and that will never need to be proven.
8. When somebody decides that they don’t love you anymore, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.
9. It is far better to let go and move on than it is to fight for something that only one of you really wants to keep.
10. Being single is far better than being in a relationship with somebody who doesn’t respect or value your worth.
11. Relationships require work, but not the kind of work that drain the life out of you.
12. If someone is willing to run at the first sign of trouble rather than work through it together, walk away.
13. Never dull your shine in order to conform to the person they want you to be.
14. You shouldn’t dive head first into a relationship when you still have unfinished issues with yourself.
15. Always love yourself more.
16. Some people are meant to be forgiven while others are meant to be forgotten.
17. If you rely on another person to create your happiness, you will never be happy.
18. Never beg for someone’s love or attention.
19. When somebody show you who they really are, believe them.
20. People are not toxic, but two people can be toxic for one another.
21. Unfortunately it is possible that you can love someone and they can love you back and you can still be all wrong for each other.
22. If it’s over, then it’s over.
23. Never fall in love with someone’s potential.
24. If you can’t be weird with them they aren’t the right person for you.
25. Cheating is a terrible thing, but it does not make you a terrible person.
26. Loving someone and loving the idea of someone are two very different things.
27. The ending of something is just the beginning of another.